New Features Offer Rapid Time to Market, More Granular QoS and Higher Quality Voice & Video Calling Experience Across All-IP Platforms and Networks
MOSCOW, Russia – Sept. 11, 2012 –SPIRIT DSP, the world’s #1 voice and video over IP engines provider serving more than 1 billion users in 100+ countries, announced today a significant upgrade to its TeamSpirit® Voice and Video Engine, a sophisticated cross-platform mobile VVoIP SDK (Software Development Kit) for service providers, software application developers and OEMs/ODMs.
“The world of communications is rapidly changing due to convergence of IT and telecom. The all-IP approach is becoming mainstream in the enterprise and consumer spaces, while the rapid deployment of LTE networks brings rich communications (RCS), HD voice, video calls, SaaS videoconferencing and other amazing services to dozens of millions of users. With TeamSpirit 3.5, we are expanding our partnerships with leading operators and solution providers developing top quality voice and video communication software products for 3G/4G networks, mobile devices and personal computers,” said SPIRIT’s VP, Sales Alexander Kravchenko.
Key new features and benefits in TeamSpirit Voice & Video Engine 3.5 include:
– Support of all the latest most popular mobile OSs, including Android and iOS, as well as a complete variety of PC browsers. A developer doesn’t need to invest in development of complex digital signal processing, taking into account every peculiarity of the highly fragmented mobile device market.
– Next-gen Automatic Rate Selection (ARS) technology targeted to future RCS/IMS/VoLTE services deployments. It relies on the latest SPIRIT algorithmic innovations and greatly improves video call quality on wireless connections. The new advanced ARS subsystem handles an even more accurate stream adaptation to changing network environments, enabling solid improvements in quality and stability of voice and video services in 3G/4G networks.
– Support of multi-core CPUs adds more optimization of software codecs and hardware acceleration to greatly increase the performance (frames per second and resolution) bringing desktop-class video quality to mobile devices.
– Supports voice calls in background mode, Notification APIs (such as timeout on absence of incoming video streams) and other new features that allow for the implementation of user-friendly designs.
– Support for multiple camera sources (multiple streams), recording to and playback from AVI format, DSCP QoS and improved compatibility with third-party terminals, providing a wide range of opportunities for the implementation of value-added features.
TeamSpirit Voice&Video Engine is compatible with RCS-e and VoLTE specifications. It includes resource-efficient voice and video codecs, echo and noise suppression, advanced tools for stream protection and adaptation to changes in network, execution and physical environments. Apart from standard IMS codecs, SPIRIT offers industry leading IP-MR™ (IETF RFC 6262) adaptive and error-resilient HD voice coding technology that has been selected by Tier1 service providers to deliver HD voice communications to dozens of millions of users of their mobile VVoIP services.