The Control Panel. Actions of the participants
The Control Panel of the Meeting Window allows the participants to use different options during the meeting:
Setting the window size
By default, the Conference Window is in the standard mode. Click the button:
to switch to the full screen mode;
to exit the full screen mode.
Setting the video layout
Switches to Active speaker – click to select layout. Videos from the participants, arranged in the order in which they entered the conference, are displayed according to the mode icon: in 1 upper large window and 8 lower smaller windows. By left-clicking on a participant's name in the list of participants or by clicking on a participant's video, you can select a participant whose video will be displayed in the upper large window.
Switches to the One speaker layout. The video from one active speaker is displayed (automatically detected).
Switches to the Active speaker – auto layout. Videos from the participants, arranged in the order in which they entered the conference, are displayed according to the mode icon: in 1 upper large window and 8 lower smaller windows. The upper large window displays a video from one actively speaking participant (automatically detected).
Switches to the Grid layout. By default, 16 videos from participants are displayed in the order in which they entered the conference. By left-clicking on a participant's name in the list of participants or by clicking on a participant's video, you can select a participant whose video will be displayed in the upper left window.
Configuring devices (microphones, speakers and video cameras)
- In the Meeting Window, it is possible to control devices (microphones, speakers and video cameras) using the following buttons in the Control Panel:
- The Disable microphone / Enable microphone button:
Press this button to mute/unmute your microphone. Click the ^ arrow next to the button to open options for audio:
- Select a microphone: Allows you to select one of the microphones available on your device.
- Select speakers: Allows you to select one of the speakers available on your device.
- The Enable video / Disable video button:
Click this button to turn on/off your video camera. Click on the ^ arrow next to the button to open options for the video:
•** Select a camera**. Allows you to select one of the video cameras available on your device.
The number of simultaneously enabled microphones
- The situation when several meeting participants turn on their microphones simultaneously is handled with the following rules:
- On entering the meeting, all microphones of all the participants are disabled.
- The order in which the participants enable their microphones is kept.
- The number of participants with enabled microphones is kept.
- On getting the maximum of enabled microphones, the system disables the microphone of the participant who has been the first to enable it, etc.
- The maximum of enabled microphones by default is 5, and it can be changed in the server settings and in the meeting parameters (the Schedule conference tab in the Personal Cabinet).
Viewing the meeting information
After clicking the Information button,
a window with the meeting information opens:
- Conference name at the top of the window;
- Conference ID and password;
- Date / time of the beginning and end of the conference;
- The join link to the meeting. To copy it, click Copy a link;
- Conference status: Online/Offline.
Viewing the list of participants
To view the list of the meeting participants, in the Control Panel click the Participants button:
The list of participants in the current conference will open in the Sidebar:
To open the meeting chat, in the Control Panel click the Chat button:
The chat of the current meeting opens:
All participants who are not blocked from the chat can leave text messages. The Chat window contains the following controls at the bottom:
The Type message here textbox: Allows you to write new messages.
Allows you to select a recipient from the participant list if you don’t want all the participants to read your message (the To all option by default).
Allows you to upload a file into the chat.
Sends the message which is inside the textbox.
Screen sharingTo show other participants your screen, in the Control Panel click the Screen sharing button:
The Share your screen window opens:
You can choose the window to share with the participants using the following menu tabs:
- Your Entire Screen: Show the entire screen which you have chosen from the list: Screen 1, Screen 2, etc.
- Application Window: Show the application window you have chosen from the list of windows of currently running applications.
- Chrome Tab: Show the tab you have chosen from the list of currently open Google Chrome tabs.
Leaving the conference
To leave the conference, click Leave the button in the Control Panel to open a menu that has two sets of options:
- there is only one option for the participant in this menu: Exit conference.
- there are two options for the moderator in this menu:
- End conference for all: Ends the conference for all participants.
- Exit conference: The moderator leaves the conference, but the conference continues.
After leaving the conference or after ending it, a window appears asking you to rate the quality of the service:
The first star on the left corresponds to 1 point, the second one to 2 points, etc.
If you want to rate the quality of the service, select the star corresponding to the desired score and click the Send button. If you don't want to rate, click the Leave button.